- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (or other type of nut)
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in chocolate and pecans. Add egg whites and stir just until incorporated (do not overmix).
Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake until cookie tops are dry and crackled, about 25 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer sheets to wire racks and let cookies cool completely. (To store, keep in an airtight container, up to 3 days.)