- 4 g agar powder
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar (optional)
- Add water and agar powder in a small saucepan.
- Whisk the mixture together and bring it to a hard boil on medium-high heat, being careful not to let the liquid boil over.
- After the mixture has boiled, add sugar and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and pour the mixture into an 8″ x 8″ (20 x 20 cm) baking dish. Allow it to cool and let the agar set in the refrigerator (about 20 minutes).
- Cut into ½” (1.5 cm) cubes and they are ready to serve. Keep the jelly in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.